Music Submissions & Booking
The Lazer supports our local and National Touring artists by featuring them in showcases. It’s our effort to help break new, up-and-coming artists and create new fans.
If you’re interested in The Lazer at your event or advertising your show email us [email protected]
Follow and use #LazerRocks #TheLazer on socials to connect with others
If you are a regional artist or band and have commercially available music Wav or Mp3 (retail or internet), send your submission to [email protected]
“Send Both Mp3 and Wav Audio Files”
Please include the following:
- Artist Name
- Album Title
- Suggested songs to review (3 tracks)
- Artist Contact – phone, email address, and mailing address
- Artist website
- Artist base – i.e. location
- Where is the music commercially available
- Artist bio/fact sheet
- “Send Both Mp3 and Wav Audio Files”
- MP3 – 128kbps 16bit 44.1 KHZ
- Wav Audio Files 16bit 44.1 KHZ
Here’s how you can add an album cover and other tags to an MP3 file using iTunes on a Mac:
- Open iTunes: Launch the iTunes application on your Mac. If you don’t have iTunes installed, you can download it from the Apple website.
- Import the MP3 File: If the MP3 file is not already in your iTunes library, you need to import it. Click on the “File” menu in iTunes and select “Add to Library.” Navigate to the location of the MP3 file, select it, and click the “Open” button.
- Select the Song: Locate the MP3 file in your iTunes library and click on it to select it.
- Get Info: Right-click (or Control-click) on the selected song, and from the context menu, choose “Get Info.” Alternatively, you can also press the “Command” key and the “I” key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Add Album Cover: In the Info window that appears, click on the “Artwork” tab. Here, you can add an album cover by clicking the “Add Artwork” button. Select the album cover image from your computer, and it will be added to the song.
- Edit Other Tags: Switch to the “Info” tab to edit other tags such as Name, Artist, Album, Genre, etc. Click in the respective fields to make changes.
- Apply Changes: After adding the album cover and editing the tags, click the “OK” button to apply the changes and close the Info window.
- Sync Your Device (Optional): If you’re using iTunes to manage your music on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod), you may need to sync your device to ensure the changes are reflected there. Connect your device to your Mac, select it in iTunes, and initiate a sync.
Please note that iTunes might have evolved If there have been significant changes to iTunes or if it’s no longer available, you might want to explore alternative software for managing your music library and adding metadata to your MP3 files on a Mac.